Wednesday 8 April 2009

WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?

















After an evening tour of the Hermitage to take a look at the temporary exhibition of the history of the 'Silk Route', one of the privileges of living in this City and being a 'Friend of the Hermitage', we decided to take a light, late supper at a nearby Azerbaijani restaurant.

I ordered what I thought was a chicken kebab salad only to receive, to my horror, the above! You can see it was enormous (not to mention almost rubber-like) and the vegetables you can see surrounding it are all pickles! As Mike had a very modest looking meal, this looked horribly greedy! I took it home in a doggy bag to make soup from it. I had to cook it for ages to make it tender, well, what with the economy and all that!

Wouldn't it have been nice if the young waitress had suggested that it might not be the right choice for madame?

No comments: